What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Simply it means the process of improving your website. It also increases its visibility when people search for any services and products related to your business in Bing, Googlaxse and other search engines.
The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more you will get attention and get attracted by the customers towards your business.
How does SEO work?
Search engines such as Bing and Google use bots to crawl the pages on the internet. They go from site to site collecting information about pages and putting them in the index. Algorithms then analyze pages in the index, take into hundreds of factors and determine the order of pages that appears in the search result.
SEO factors organize the factors into 6 categories that are based on its overall importance. Content quality and keyword research are the key factors and crawl ability, optimization and speed are the side factors.
7 steps to the successful SEO
Using the beginners guide, follow these 7 steps to have successful SEO.
- Crawl accessibility so that search engines can read your websites
- Keyword optimization is the main factor to attract engines and searchers.
- Share worthy content that earns links, amplifications and citations.
- Compile the content that answer’s the searchers queries
- Schema and snippets markup to stand out in SERPs
- Great user experience includes compelling UX and fast load speed
- URL, title and description to draw high CTR in the rankings.
Types of SEO
Google and different kinds of search engines take many factors into account when ranking content. Their core types of SEO are as follows:
1. On Page SEO
It helps in optimizing the structure and quality of the content on the page. HTML tags, keywords and content quality are the key players of on page SEO.
2. Off page SEO
Getting other sites and other pages on your site to link to the page you are trying to optimize. Reputation, internal linking and backlinks are your off page MVPs.
3. Technical SEO
It helps in improving overall website performance on search engines. Structures, UX and site security are the key here.
SEO ranking factors on Google
There are hundreds of Google ranking factors and Google is evolving and refining its algorithms. According to first page sage there are top Google ranking factors and how they are weighted:
- Consistent publication of high quality content (26%)
- Keywords in Meta title (17%)
- Backlinks (13%)
- Niche expertise (13%)
- User engagements (11%)
- Internal links (5%)
- Mobile friendly (5%)
- Page speed (2%)
- Site security (2%)
- Structured data (1%)
- Keywords in URL (1%)
- Keywords in h1 (1%)
Benefits of SEO
People are searching for many things both directly and loosely related to your business. These are the opportunities to connect with people, answer their questions, solve their problems and become a full trusted resource for them. The importance and benefits of SEO are as follows:
- More website traffic is more effective. When your website is optimized for search engines it gets more and more traffic.
- To get your website optimized it has the target keywords. These keywords make your customers easy to search which helps you bring more traffic and customers.
- Ranking high on Google brings credibility to your business. If Google will trust you then definitely people will trust you.
- You put money into your website and in marketing campaigns and it leads back to your website pages. A top website improves the fruit of those campaigns which helps in making your investment worth it.
Read article more information